If you’re looking to collect more leads, then PointerPro may (or may NOT) be the perfect match for your business and your budget.
PointerPro is not the only tool on the market which is why we’ve put together a list of the best PointerPro alternatives. And even if it turns out that it’s not the best choice for you, I bet one of these PointerPro alternatives will be.
In this article, we’ll walk you through all the pros and cons of these tools to help you make the right decision.
PointerPro software overview
PointerPro is an online assessment tool built around questionnaires and surveys. In fact, it literally used to be called Survey Anyplace.
PointerPro does have some quiz features too, but they’re just not its main focus. So, if you want a full quiz funnel that keeps bringing you leads, it’s probably not the best tool for you.
It’s a better option for large companies that need a solution for internal training, onboarding and development.
Price – from £55.26/month
- Internal training – PointerPro is very versatile when it comes to surveys, questionnaires and assessments. It’s especially handy for onboarding employees and supporting your internal operations in different ways
- Downloadable PDF reports – It turns results into custom PDFs that your survey participants can download and keep
- Whitelabelling – You can remove their branding altogether and replace it with your own
- Learning curve – Its interface and features aren’t as intuitive as most of the PointerPro alternatives in this list. Many users found it hard to familiarise themselves with this software
- Limited templates – You only get a handful to choose from
- Limited integrations – I was surprised to find that, despite its hefty price tag, you can only connect PointerPro to 7 other tools. One of these is Zapier, though. So, you might still be able to work around it
- Not for lead generation – PointerPro is great for internal training and operations, but that’s about it. It lacks the features needed to create a strong funnel (like quiz landing pages and integrations with CRMs)
- Might be expensive – PointerPro starts at £55.26/month. Need more options? You’ll have to request a bespoke plan and quote. That’s unlikely to be a problem for large companies, but it might be too pricey for small businesses and individuals
7 best PointerPro alternatives
Overall, PointerPro is a good tool for large companies that want to focus on internal training. Doesn’t sound like you?
Then, let’s find the best PointerPro alternative in your specific case.
1. ScoreApp Lead generation quiz
You might think that “collecting data” = “surveys.” In reality, quizzes are A LOT more effective!
That’s because you’re not asking people to spend time answering your questions with… nothing in return. You participants get score at the end along with an insightful PDF report, too.
That’s why we built ScoreApp: to make quiz funnel marketing easy and effective for all businesses.
So, you can use it to attract relevant warm leads, gather insightful data and BOOST your sales.
Price – freemium and from £24/month
- Easy to use – Creating your first quiz? It’ll be a breeze thanks to our customisable templates and drag-and-drop builder
- Versatile – Ask unlimited questions, and choose among a wide range of formats (multiple choice, sliding scales, open text… you name it!). Basically, you can create any type of quiz for any goal
- Customisable – Add your logo, fonts and colours to build a quiz that matches your brand
- AI – ScoreApp was the first online quiz maker to integrate it. So, you can create your entire quiz funnel in 3 minutes
- Scorecards – No boring results or standalone percentages! Our Scorecards will divide them into categories. That way, you’ll show your customers what they’re already doing well and what they still need to improve. You can then send them personalised email sequences and close more sales. THAT’S the power of Scorecard marketing!
- Analytics – Our tracking features are in-depth but easy to understand. So, you can use them to measure the success of your quiz and really get to know your audience
- Integrations – Create a full funnel by connecting your ScoreApp quiz with popular CRMs, email marketing platforms and third-party tools
- PDF reports – With our higher plans, you can also send a personalised PDF report to your customers
- Freemium – You can get your first leads for free!
Cons of ScoreApp
- Whitelabelling – 5000+ businesses and agencies are already using our quizzes with their own clients. However, if you’re after a PointerPro alternative that lets you remove all its branding, ScoreApp wouldn’t be for you (not at this stage, at least).
- Slightly more expensive – ScoreApp offers advanced features and data analytics. So, our paid plans are a little higher than the most basic PointerPro alternatives. We’re certainly cheaper than PointerPro itself, though! And you can save 20% with a yearly subscription
Create your first quiz for free (psst: you can have up to 10 monthly responses before having to spend a single penny)
Mentimeter is a simple engagement tool that aims to improve presentations, workshops and team meetings.
They allow you to build word clouds, polls, and quizzes to make learning more fun and entertaining for your audience.
Although Mentimeter is great for testing your audience, it doesn’t allow you to use it for lead generation. This means if you want to use a quiz or assessment tool for getting leads and sales, then it might not be the right tool for you.
But if you want to focus on engagement, it’s a fun and simple solution.
Price – Freemium – Premium account starts from £120 per year
- Simple – It’s easy to create basic quizzes for assessing your audience. You have lots of examples and pre-built templates to choose from, too
- Live quizzing for Zoom calls – if you want to add a quiz as part of your online Zoom presentation, you can do that easily to assess your audience live
- Powerpoint – You can connect your assessment to a PowerPoint slide so as someone is going through your slides, they can take part in the quiz
- Can’t be used for lead generation – This is an engagement tool used for presentations and you won’t be able to collect leads from your audience
- Limited customisation – Compared to some of the , there are fewer options to match your branding. Its templates are also rather similar and recognisable
- Basic results – You can only display an overall score, NOT a personalised and strategic Scorecard
- Can’t pay monthly – If you want a premium account with any of the additional features, you can’t pay monthly. This means you might have to face a larger upfront fee for the year
This is another online quiz maker to engage your audience and get more leads (but you probably figured that out by the name, didn’t you?).
LeadQuizzes also has options for surveys and tests, which makes it an interesting PointerPro alternative if that’s your main focus.
Unfortunately, the quiz styles, landing pages and analytics aren’t as customisable or advanced as other quiz makers.
But if you’re looking for quizzes that are easy to create and can entertain your audience, it’s a valid option.
Price – from £29.71/month
- Easy to use – You have 40+ templates to choose from, question starting points and drag-and-drop blocks
- Lead generation – This PointerPro alternative focuses on getting (and managing) more leads, and it has several features and integrations to help with that
- Versatile – You can use it for quizzes, surveys, forms and training
- Basic layout – Your results and landing pages will be pretty simple and bare. For example, you can’t divide them into categories, turn them into downloadable PDFs or add external elements (like videos and testimonials)
- Limited quiz types – Its range is not as broad as some of the best LeadQuizzes alternatives. It’s mainly about scored, personality and trivia quizzes
- Limited analytics – Its tracking features aren’t as in-depth as you’d expect from a lead-generation tool
- Might be expensive – The basic plan is a handy starting point. However, if you want to take full control of your quiz funnel, you’re looking at at least £59.41/month
If what you like the most about PointerPro is its focus on internal assessments, this is probably your best option.
Brilliant Assessments goes really in-depth, especially with analytics, reports and feedback.
On the contrary, if what you need is a full quiz funnel or a more budget-friendly PointerPro alternative, it’s just not the right tool for you.
Price – from £1,595.56/year
- Advanced – When it comes to internal assessments and reports, we doubt you’ll find something it can’t do. From A/B testing to 17 charting styles and strong analytics, you can definitely create strategic tests
- Customisable and whitelabelled – You get a few templates as a starting point and can then match your own branding (and remove the Brilliant Assessments logo)
- Languages – Not only are there plenty to choose from: it also has localisation options to reflect different cultures. So, an excellent tool for multinational companies
- Integrations – It might not be the longest list I’ve seen, but you can certainly connect it with plenty of tools and CRMs
- Limited use – This software is obviously brilliant for assessments (duh). But if you’re after more flexible surveys or quizzes, it’s probably not for you
- Learning curve – Those advanced functions come at the cost of usability. Many customers struggled to familiarise themselves with its interface and features
- Might be expensive – Brilliant Assessments STARTS at £1,595.56/year (and no, it’s not a typo). For more advanced plans, it’s over £8,000. So, realistically, it’s only an option for the largest companies
Looking to collect more data through your forms and keep everything on your WordPress website? Then this plugin might be all you need.
It’s especially popular to supercharge Contact forms.
However, if you want to create a standalone quiz funnel or go more in-depth with your data, Gravity Forms is not the most advanced PointerPro alternative.
Price – £207.80/year
- Budget-friendly – If you only need some simple forms, the basic plan should work well for you (and it’s much cheaper than PointerPro)
- Simple – Gravity Form has an intuitive interface, and you can use drag-and-drop blocks to build your forms. You also get to keep everything in one place on WordPress
- Forms – PointerPro and some of its alternatives focus on assessments and quizzes. If all you need is a form, this might be a more logical option
- Limited customisation – You can personalise those templates but not really match your brand completely (unless you can code)
- WordPress dependency – This plugin will only work if you have a WordPress website
- Limited use – At the end of the day, this is a plugin. You just can’t expect the features you’d get with the best standalone tools (like creating a full funnel to generate more leads)
- Might be expensive – The basic plan is okay for forms. But if you also want to build quizzes or surveys, you need the elite option, which is £207.77/year. Definitely cheaper than PointerPro… but a bit pricey for a plugin
SurveyMonkey is a popular tool for market research and customer feedback.
It’s also straightforward and easy to use. So, if you’re more interested in forms and surveys rather than online assessments, it might be a better PointerPro alternative for you.
But if you were hoping to create a full funnel to get leads as well as data, it’s just not as relevant.
Price – freemium and from £32/month
- Simple – As well as an intuitive interface, SurveyMonkey has lots of templates and pre-written questions to start from
- Surveys – You can create all kinds of forms and surveys (and focus on the type of data you actually need)
- Analytics – SurveyMonkey offers robust tracking options
- Integrations – You can connect it with 100+ tools
- Not for lead generation – SurveyMonkey is an interesting PointerPro alternative to collect data for research purposes. But if you want to keep getting leads automatically (and sell more), it’s not the best
- Limited customisation – You don’t always get to match your branding entirely. You also can’t remove the SurveyMonkey logo, not even with the higher plans
- Might be expensive – I think SurveyMonkey is better-suited for large companies: its team plans are pretty good value for money. The free and basic individual options, however, are quite limited. So, to take full control of your market research, you’re looking at £99/month (which can be a lot for smaller businesses and individuals)
This is one of the best PointerPro alternatives if you’re a teacher. Quizlet still focuses on assessments – but for students rather than employees or customers.
With this educational platform, you’ll share flashcards and make learning fun and engaging.
Your students can also use it independently to revise and create their own material.
Price – freemium and from £6.99/month
- Perfect for teachers – This is a solid learning platform to boost student engagement and participation with flashcards, tests and competitions. You can then use those results to create personalised learning plans
- Student portal – They can use it to revise and create their own study material
- Simple – This PointerPro alternative has a much more intuitive interface. Creating flashcards, in particular, will be easy peasy
- AI – Your material creation is about to get a whole lot easier and faster. And your students can use AI, too (for example, to turn notes into flashcards)
- Languages – With 15+, it’s a fantastic tool for multinational classes and foreign language teachers
- Cheating – Many teachers realised that their students were using Quizlet to share test answers and cheat
- Wrong information – Anyone can share their material and study sets on Quizlet, meaning that your students might learn inaccurate information
- Ads – These can be distracting for your students, but you can only get rid of them with a paid plan
- Limited use – I think Quizlet is the best PointerPro alternative for teachers. But if you’re a business owner, it’s just not relevant at all
Note: all prices correct at the time of publishing
What’s the best PointerPro alternative for your business?
The best PointerPro alternative depends on your goals.
Overall, if you’re looking to stick to internal training, it’s probably Brilliant Assessments. Teaching? Quizlet was literally built for that. Collecting data? Gravity Forms and SurveyMonkey.
But if you want to get data and leads with a fully automated funnel, then the best PointerPro alternative is definitely ScoreApp.
You’ll gather A TONNE of insights while keeping your audience engaged and giving them something useful in return. Then, you can use that data to sell more. A win-win!